Product Designer (Visually Leaning)
Our design teams are constructed of T-shaped product designers who are capable of cognitive, strategic experience design as well as artistic visual interface execution. Typically, however, our designers have a stronger footing in one side or the other. Our model is to pair them together to make super-powerful design teams.
This position is for a more visually-rooted designer. You may have held the title of “product designer” or “interface designer” prior; you love pixels; you have strong philosophies on the use of drop shadows and gradients; you likely spend a fair amount of time on Dribbble and might even have a sizable follower count. You’ll also be expected to work in wireframes and solve cognitive design problems in concert with the rest of the design team, but for the right candidate this is a challenge, not a concern.
In this role, you’ll work in support of a Principal Designer or Design Lead to help take projects from start to finish.
- 3-5 years of experience designing interfaces for web platforms and/or applications
- Highly proficient with Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe XD and/or other design tools;
- Experience with prototyping tools, such InVision or Marvel; familiarity with motion tools (Principle, Framer) preferred
- Professional, ready-to-work demeanor with strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and take direction, but ready and able to contribute a constructive voice to the process
- Awesome, collaborative, kick-ass studio environment where you'll work with other smart, passionate people every day
- Top-tier health (PPO or HMO), dental and vision benefits with 80% employer contribution of premiums for employees (50% for dependents)
- Generous PTO and personal time plans and 11 paid company holidays
- Up to $100 company contribution towards transit costs
- Modern, cutting-edge tools, from your laptop to our time tracking software
- Generally amazing work location in Union Square, just steps from countless food and shopping options