Sr. Interaction Designer, Visual
Our design teams are constructed of T-shaped interactive designers who are capable of cognitive, strategic experience design as well as artistic visual interface execution. Typically, however, designers have a stronger footing in one side or the other. Our model is to pair them together to make super-powerful design teams.
This position is for a more visually-rooted designer. You may have held the title of “product designer” or “interface designer” prior; you have strong philosophies on the use of drop shadows and gradients; you probably spend a fair amount of time on Dribbble or digging through other interactive design communities. You’ll also be expected to work strategically and solve cognitive design problems in concert with the rest of the design team, but for the right candidate this is a natural fit and not a concern.
In this role, you’ll work in support of a Principal Designer or Design Lead to help take projects from start to finish.
- 3+ years of experience in an interface design role, with a high-quality, polished portfolio of past interface design work, ranging from responsive web experiences to mobile applications
- Highly proficient with Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe XD and/or other design tools
- Experience doing rapid-prototyping and validation with low-fidelity tools such InVision or Marvel, as well as with layer-based, granular prototyping tools such as Principle, Framer, etc.
- Professional, ready-to-work demeanor with strong communication skills; history of client-facing engagement preferred
- Creative, collaborative and generally terrific studio environment where you'll work with other smart, passionate people every day
- Highly competitive salary compensation commensurate with your industry-leading level of talent
- Top-tier health (PPO or HMO), dental and vision benefits with 80% employer contribution of premiums for employees (50% for dependents)
- Generous PTO and personal time plans and 11 paid company holidays
- Up to $100 company contribution towards transit costs
- Modern, cutting-edge tools—including a brand new, maxed-out Touchbar MacBook Pro and 5k display on your desk
- Generally amazing work location in Union Square in San Francisco, just steps from countless food and shopping options
- Relocation allowance and assistance for non-SF-based hires